In this game your goal is to stop meteors from hitting the planet. From the title itself you have a clue that you need to depend the planet in this new endless game. So for your to defend you need to stop as many as possible meteors passing by from hitting the planet. Eventually they are going to get hit but you can theoretically get an unlimited score on it especially upon using those tips and tricks below:
1. Always look on the meteors coming. This is a given and this is your challenge for this game. You need to keep a close eye on the meteors that are coming for you and then turn your barriers in order to match up with them . In case that they get through and in to your atmosphere, you will lose your round immediately. So you need to block them using your barriers so you can keep going.
2. You need to tap as far down on the screen. This will let you see as much of what is going on as possible. Also this is a good trick to keep you from having meteors blocked by your fingers and also allows you to have the best reaction time as possible so that you can move the barriers quickly enough.
3. Use power ups for your advantage. In Defend the Planet there are two kinds of power ups that you can use. You will see the green one causes barriers to fill the empty spaces and also the red one which causes one entire unbroken barrier to surround your planet. So definitely they amount to similar things. You can only get more powers ups once you run out, and you have to buy them using your real cash.
4. Let space shuttle through. While playing the game, you will see space shuttle showing up. So instead of blocking it with your barrier, you need to let it through. Once it gets back on your planet, the space shuttle will cause all of the meteors on the screen to blow up all at once. So the best thing you can do here is to let the space shuttle through as soon as you see as this will give you an instant meteor clearing.
5. Earning stars. For you to earn stars, you need to just keep scoring points and you will being earning stars. Upon earning enough stars, you are able to unlock a new plants. Keep in mind that every planet will have a different shape to its barrier set up, and it will give you a new challenge and get more stars for additional planet to defend.